[Bilimsel Haber] Seminar: Everyday Life in the Ottoman Empire: 18th Century Craftsmen in Istanbul (Suraiya Faroqhi, Bilkent University, 28 March 2008 )

Onur Inal onurinal at onurinal.com
28 Mar 2008 Cum 07:22:22 EET


Bilkent University Seminar Series on Polity, Society and the World invites
to a seminar talk featuring

Prof. SURAIYA FAROQHI: "Everyday Life in the Ottoman Empire: 18th Century
Craftsmen in Istanbul"

Friday 28 March 2008 at 14.30 in C-Block Auditorium

Suraiya Faroqhi is Professor of Ottoman Studies at the Ludwig Maximilians
University in Munich (now retired) and Professor of History at Bilgi
University in Istanbul. She has written extensively on various aspects of
Ottoman history, and is the author of The Ottoman Empire and the World
Around It (London: I.B. Tauris, 2004) and Subjects of the Sultan: Culture
and Daily Life in the Ottoman Empire (London: I.B. Tauris, 2005). A volume
with the title Artisans of Empire: Crafts and Craftsmen Under the Ottomans
will be published by I.B. Tauris hopefully in 2009.

-------------- sonraki bölüm --------------
Bir HTML eklentisi temizlendi...
URL: http://lists.kulturad.org/pipermail/bilimselhaber/attachments/20080327/33fb5fd5/attachment.htm


BilimselHaber mesaj listesiyle ilgili daha fazla bilgi