[Discussion] CFP: Interculturality & Translation, vol. 2 (11/30/05; journal issue)
Sule Tarakcioglu
suletar@bilkent.edu.tr
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:36:06 -0700
From: Imelda Mart=EDn-Junquera <dfmimj@unileon.es>
CALL FOR PAPERS: DEADLINE NOVEMBER 30TH 2005
I & T is a scholarly journal that seeks to foreground issues and enhance
intellectual dialogue on culture and translation in comparatives=20
studies. I & T
seeks to promote articulations at the intersections of comparative=20
literature
and translation studies. In focusing on these two disciplines, I & T aims=
to
foster the study of the historical development of cultural comparatism an=
d
translation as processes and as fields of study, their respective=20
methodological
approaches, discursive convergences, and symbiotic pedagogies. I & T=20
relations,
influences, confluences, counterpoints, accommodations, and revisions,=20
as well
as interrogation of how comparative literary studies implicate translatio=
nal
processes, intentional or otherwise.
I & T also publishes studies that examine the ways in which literature=20
absorbs
and processes literary multilingualism, cultural dialogisms, discursive
polyglossia, and modes of transculturation. In this regard, I & T invites
studies that deal with the importation and/or exportation of literary mod=
els
through translation, and the transformation of national literary discours=
es
through intercultural dialogues made possible by translation and
transculturation make possible. The focus of such studies could be local,
regional, national, transnational, or global. Manuscripts may deal with
particular case studies, theoretical issues, methodological approaches, o=
r
review current scholarship in aspects of comparatism and translation.
For further information, former issues and style norms:
http://www3.unileon.es/dp/dfm/i&t/
Dra. Imelda Mart=EDn-Junquera
Departamento de Filolog=EDa Moderna
Universidad de Le=F3n
Campus de Vegazana s/n
24071 Le=F3n ( Spain)
Tlf: +34 987 291079
Fax: +34 987 291099
E-mail: dfmimj@unileon.es
>From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List