[Bilimsel Haber] Seminar: Prof. Suraiya Faroqhi on Everyday Ottoman Life

Gonul Pultar gpultar at kulturad.org
25 Mar 2008 Sal 16:40:50 EET


From: Elif Bayraktar <elifb at bilkent.edu.tr>

Bilkent University Seminar Series on Polity, Society and the World invites
to a seminar talk featuring

Prof. SURAIYA FAROQHI: "Everyday Life in the Ottoman Empire: 18th 
Century Craftsmen in Istanbul"

Friday 28 March 2008 at 14.30 in C-Block Auditorium

Suraiya Faroqhi is Professor of Ottoman Studies at the Ludwig 
Maximilians University in Munich (now retired) and Professor of History 
at Bilgi University in Istanbul. She has written extensively on various 
aspects of Ottoman history, and is the author of The Ottoman Empire and 
the World Around It (London: I.B. Tauris, 2004) and Subjects of the 
Sultan: Culture and Daily Life in the Ottoman Empire (London: I.B. 
Tauris, 2005). A volume with the title Artisans of Empire: Crafts and 
Craftsmen Under the Ottomans will be published by I.B. Tauris hopefully 
in 2009.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
(C-Block Auditorium is located on the 3rd floor of the Faculty of
Economics, Administrative and Social Sciences (Iktisat building) on Main
Campus, Bilkent University)




BilimselHaber mesaj listesiyle ilgili daha fazla bilgi