[Bilimsel Haber] ?let: PUBL.- Separatism and Islamism (in Finnish)
suletar at kulturad.org
suletar at kulturad.org
26 Şub 2007 Pzt 10:26:03 EET
----- gpultar at kulturad.org taraf?ndan iletilen ileti -----
Tarih: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 04:54:26 +0200
Kimden: Gonul Pultar <gpultar at kulturad.org>
Yan?t Adresi:Gonul Pultar <gpultar at kulturad.org>
Konu: PUBL.- Separatism and Islamism (in Finnish)
Kime: Sule Tarakcioglu <suletar at kulturad.org>
PUBL.- Separatism and Islamism (in Finnish)
Posted by: Anssi Kullberg <anssikullberg at yahoo.com>
A new book was published in November 2006, so far only available in
Finnish language. I list the titles of chapters translated into
English here for those possibly interested. There are plans to
translate the book (with updates) into English, but no time schedule
for this yet.
Separatismi ja islamismi
- Kansallismieliset ja islamistiset liikkeet Euraasian konflikteissa
Anssi Kullberg & Christian Jokinen
Kustannus Oy Suomen Mies, ISBN 952-9872-44-5
Gummerus, Jyvaskyla, 2006
462 pages.
(Separatism and Islamism: Nationalist and Islamist movements in
Eurasian conflicts)
Available, for example, through the publisher's representative:
kim.vinari at suomensotilas.fi
English
reviews can be found in the Valahian Journal of Historical Studies,
University of Targoviste (Romania) by Dr Silviu Miloiu, and in the OSCE
Review Vol. 14, European Security, 4/2006, published by the Finnish
Committee for European Security (STETE).
List of contents:
Foreword
Introduction
Part I: Ideology and politics of the movements
I.1. Separatism
I.1.1. The double-edged sword of nationalism
I.1.1.1. Civic nation, ethnic nation and religious community
I.1.1.2. Empires
I.1.1.3. "Official nationalism" and imperialism
I.1.1.4. How nationalism changed Europe's map
I.1.1.5. Four nation-reforming programs in Asia
I.1.2. How new states gain independence
I.1.2.1. Separatist struggle for independence
I.1.2.2. Aspirations of the empires
I.1.2.3. The disintegration of Austro-Hungarian, Russian and Turkish empires
I.1.2.4. The disintegration of the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia
I.1.2.5. The dilemma of independence and status quo
I.2. Islamism
I.2.1. On terminology
I.2.1.1. Radicalism-conservatism; fundamentalism-Islamism
I.2.1.2. Dar al-islam and dar al-harb
I.2.2. Radical Islam
I.2.2.1. The Sufis
I.2.2.2. The Wahhabis
I.2.2.3. The Salafis
I.2.3. Islamism: a modern ideology
I.2.3.1. The diversity of Islamism
I.2.3.2. The Muslim Brotherhood
I.2.4. Islamic Revolution
I.2.4.1. 1960s to 1970s: Arab socialist radicalism
I.2.4.2. The Islamic Revolution of Iran
I.2.4.3. 1980s: how Islamism replaces Marxism
I.2.5. Jihadism
I.2.5.1. The disappointment to Islamic revolutions
I.2.5.2. Jihadism: internal and external jihad
I.2.5.3. "The Base" and the hijacking of jihad
I.2.5.4. The Sudan years
I.2.5.5. Return to Kandahar
I.2.5.6. On the unterritorial character of jihadism
I.2.5.7. Escapist jihadism: the war of an individual
Part II: Case studies
II.1. Kosovo
II.1.1. Historical background
II.1.1.1. History of the Balkans and the Albanians
II.1.1.2. Albanian independence from Turkish power
II.1.1.3. Serbian power
II.1.2. End of Yugoslavia
II.1.2.1. The independence movement of Kosovo
II.1.2.2. UCK: turning to armed struggle
II.1.2.3. Terror and intervention
II.1.2.4. The failure of Islamists
II.1.2.5. Waiting and frustrated Kosovo
II.1.3. Conclusions
II.2. The Crimea
II.2.1. Historical background
II.2.1.1. The Crimean Khanate
II.2.1.2. The ethnic cleansing
II.2.1.3. The nationalist movement
II.2.2. The Soviet period
II.2.2.1. Genocide and exile
II.2.2.2. The Crimean Tatar movement in the Soviet period
II.2.3. Crimean Tatars in independent Ukraine
II.2.3.1. Repatriation, organization and goals of the Crimean Tatars
II.2.3.2. Situation between the ethnic groups in the Crimea
II.2.3.3. External factors
II.2.3.4. The threat of Russian ultra-nationalists
II.2.3.5. Revival of Islam in the Crimea
II.2.4. Conclusions
II.3. The North Caucasus
II.3.1. Historical background
II.3.1.1. An introduction to the geopolitics of mountain nation
II.3.1.2. Chechen nation and society
II.3.2. The roots of national independence movement
II.3.2.1. Sufi resistance
II.3.2.2. Roots of the secular independence movement
II.3.2.3. The genocide
II.3.2.4. National revival and Dudayev's nationalism
II.3.2.5. Islamic Renaissance Party: Soviet Islamism
II.3.3. Internal power struggle: from guerrilla raids to terrorism
II.3.3.1. Islamists against nationalists
II.3.3.2. Tensions in Chechnya
II.3.3.3. Budyonnovsk, Kizlyar, Pervomaiskoye
II.3.3.4. The peace between: tensions grow
II.3.3.5. The Dagestan provocation of summer 1999
II.3.3.6. The theatre hostage-taking and "black widows": terrorism
around war
II.3.4. The Caucasus now: two paths of resistance
II.3.4.1. The vassals: puppet government and the Kadyrovtsy
II.3.4.2. Ingushetian guerrilla operation in summer 2004
II.3.4.3. The Beslan school hostage-taking
II.3.4.4. Maskhadov's line
II.3.4.5. The independence movement's line after Maskhadov
II.3.4.6. Basayev and jihadism in Chechnya
II.3.5. The expansion of the conflict into the rest of North Caucasus
II.3.5.1. Dagestan
II.3.5.2. Northwestern Caucasus
II.3.5.3. Kabarda-Balkaria
II.3.5.4. Karachay-Circassia
II.3.6. Conclusions
II.4. South Asia
II.4.1. Afghanistan
II.4.1.1. Teaching lessons to empires
II.4.1.2. Afghanistan from the 1950s to the Soviet occupation
II.4.1.3. The Bear Trap [American aspirations]
II.4.1.4. The Shield of Hindukush [Pakistani aspirations]
II.4.1.5. The Lion of Panjshir
II.4.1.6. The civil war
II.4.1.7. The Taliban
II.4.1.8. Why was the Taliban supported?
II.4.1.9. Democratic Afghanistan
II.4.1.10. Neo-Taliban, Hekmatyar and subversive violence
II.4.1.11. The new surge of Taliban violence
II.4.1.12. Afghanistan's uncertain future
II.4.2. Pakistan
II.4.2.1. A conglomerate of peoples and administrations
II.4.2.2. The triangle of conservatives, socialists and Islamists
II.4.2.3. Musharraf: reformist and nationalist
II.4.2.4. The struggle against extremists
II.4.2.5. Waziristan
II.4.2.6. Baluchistan
II.4.3. Kashmir
II.4.3.1. Kashmir in the crossfire of empires
II.4.3.2. The anti-colonial roots of the independence movement
II.4.3.3. The Kashmir conflict during the Cold War
II.4.3.4. The uprising since 1988
II.4.3.5. Kashmir independence movement in 2000s
II.4.3.6. Jihadists and the escalation of violence
II.4.3.7. The Kashmir powder keg and detente
II.4.4. Conclusions
II.5. South-east Asia
II.5.1. Introduction
II.5.2. Thailand
II.5.2.1. The Muslims of Pattani
II.5.2.2. The policy of national unity
II.5.2.3. Pattani resistance
II.5.2.4. Jihadist radicalization
II.5.2.5. Education system targeted by Islamists
II.5.2.6. Development scenarios of the conflict
II.5.3. Indonesia
II.5.3.1. Indonesia: the largest Muslim nation in the world
II.5.3.2. Radical Islam in Indonesia
II.5.3.3. The Darul Islam rebellion: struggle of the direction of Islam
II.5.3.4. Nationalism, Islamism and terrorism in Islam's name
II.5.3.5. Jihadism and unterritoriality: Jemaah Islamiyah
II.5.4. Aceh
II.5.4.1. The ideology of Aceh's separatists
II.5.4.2. The armed struggle of Aceh's guerrillas
II.5.4.3. Islamist attempts to exploit the Aceh conflict
II.5.4.4. The peace treaty
II.5.5. Malaysia
II.5.5.1. Islamism as state nationalism
II.5.5.2. Islam in party politics
II.5.5.3. Crisis of Islamism
II.5.6. Conclusions
II.6. Sudan
II.6.1. Colonial Sudan
II.6.1.1. Islam in Sudan
II.6.1.2. Sufi and Mahdist resistance
II.6.2. Internal power struggle in Sudan
II.6.2.1. The restless independence
II.6.2.2. Hasan at-Turabi
II.6.2.3. After the Islamic Revolution
II.6.3. Darfur
II.6.3.1. The parties of the Darfur conflict
II.6.3.2. "The riding devils": roots of Janjawid militantism in Darfur
II.6.3.3. Towards internationalization?
II.6.4. Conclusions
Part III: Grand conclusions
List of sources
List of references
Distrib. by: Central-Eurasia-L - Announcement List for Central Eurasian
Studies
----- ?letilen iletinin sonu -----
BilimselHaber mesaj listesiyle ilgili
daha fazla bilgi