[Bilimsel Haber] CONF./CFP- Conference on International Borders and Migration

gpultar at kulturad.org gpultar at kulturad.org
Fri Jun 23 05:16:40 EEST 2006


CONF./CFP- Conference on International Borders and Migration

Posted by: Otto Pohl <pohlcat at rocketmail.com>

I would like to hold a one day conference on International Borders and  
Migration sometime next year. The conference would take place in  
Arivaca, AZ near the US-Mexican border. The conference will seek to  
examine international migration in a comparative context. In addition  
to papers on migration from Mexico and other Latin American countries  
to the US I would also like to have presenters on migration from the  
Caucasus and Central Asia to Russia and from Africa to the European  
Union. The conference would be interdisciplinary. I welcome  
submissions from a wide variety of specialties in the humanities and  
social sciences including historians, political scientists,  
geographers, economists, sociologists and anthropologists.

As part of the conference I will arrange a trip to the border crossing  
point between Sasabe in the US and El Sasabe in Mexico. Currently,  
this is one of the most traversed routes between two countries in the  
world. A significant portion of the illegal immigration into the US  
passes through this corridor. Right now I am seeing if there is any  
interest in such a conference.

I would not be able to provide any financial assistance to any of the  
presenters. I would also have to charge a nominal registration fee to  
cover expenses. I promise this fee will not exceed $100 a person.

If you would be interested in presenting a paper at such a conference  
please let me know. E-mail me the proposed title of your paper and  
your current affiliation. If I get enough responses I will go ahead  
and start the process of renting the facilities and organizing the  
conference. Provided there is sufficient interest the conference  
should take place sometime in 2007.

J. Otto Pohl
Arivaca, AZ
pohlcat at rocketmail.com



Distrib. by: Central-Eurasia-L - Announcement List for Central  
Eurasian Studies




BilimselHaber mesaj listesiyle ilgili daha fazla bilgi