[Discussion] CFP: Philament: Model (grad) (9/31/05; journal issue)
gpultar@cstgroup.org
gpultar@cstgroup.org
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:11:47 +0300
From: Philament <stephanie.downes@arts.usyd.edu.au>
CFP: Philament: Cultural Studies and Literary Arts
Deadline: September 31, 2005
(critique, commentary, and creative for online journal)
Publication: June 2006
Philament, the online journal of cultural studies and literary arts affiliated
with the University of Sydney
(http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/publications/philament), invites graduate scholars
to contribute articles, reviews and creative work for its eighth issue, Model.
CRITIQUE:
Short academic papers: up to 3,000 words
Long academic papers: up to 8,000 words
COMMENTARY:
Reviews (book, stage, screen, etc.), conference reports, short essays.
CREATIVE:
Poetry, prose/narrative, short dramatic works, digital art or image experiments.
Model (n., v.)
"I never diet. I smoke. I drink now and then. I never work out. I work very
hard, and I am worth every cent."
- Naomi Campbell
Possible themes include, but are not limited to:
aesthetics
imitation
exemplar
ideals
archetypes
sexism
conformity
compliance
indoctrination
ceremonies
celebrities
porn
make-up
clay-modelling
blueprints
prostitutes
artists
For details see http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/publications/philament/Model_cfp.htm
Please note:
All submissions may be sent as email attachment in a PC-readable format
(preferably Microsoft Word) to philament@arts.usyd.edu.au
Please include a brief biographical summary, as well as a short description of
the inspiration for or genesis of the submitted work.
Academic papers must include footnotes and conform to the Philament house style
of referencing (see
http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/publications/philament/submissions.htm).
Poetry submissions must be limited to 5 pieces of unspecified length.
Philament will only accept submissions that have not been previously published
and are not under consideration elsewhere.
For further information visit http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/publications/philament
>From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List