[Discussion] World Congress of the International Political Science Association

Sule Tarakcioglu suletar@bilkent.edu.tr
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:35:20 -0700


Food Security and Technology

Call for Papers

I am (hastily) organizing a panel for the 20th World Congress of the
International Political Science Association to be held July 9-13, 2006, in
Fukuoka, Japan. The overall theme of the conference is "Is Democracy 
Working?" I
am interested in organizing a highly interdisciplinary group of scholars who
will present papers on food security (broadly defined) and the problems 
and/or
successes resulting from the application, misapplicaton, or lack of 
application
of technology. Your approach can be strictly historical or
historical/contemporary. The ultimate goal of this panel will be to 
publish the
papers. For more information on the conference, the conference website is
www.fukuoka2006.com/en/. Unfortunately, the timeframe is short. I must 
have your
abstract of 250 words or less by *THE NEW DEADLINE*, July 21, 2005.

Trudy Eden, J.D., Ph.D.
History Department
University of Northern Iowa
Cedary Falls, IA 50614-0701
319.273.2933

Email: trudy.eden@uni.edu