[Discussion] psychological/cultural analytical/interpretative essays about feminist
fairy tales
Gonul Pultar
gpultar@cstgroup.org
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:56:46 +0300
Readers are invited to submit pieces for a book project which will
consist of original feminist fairy tales and psychological/cultural
analytical/interpretative essays about the tales. If you are interested
in participating, I'll need expressions of interest, abstracts, or
proposals by 9/15/04; I must have the stories and essays by 1/15/05.
Since some of the writing you do may involve self-disclosure, I will
need your mailing address so that I can mail you the requisite Indiana
University "human subject" permission form for this type of writing
project if I accept your work for inclusion in the collection. I will
also send-via e-mail-if you'd like to see it, a model story ("Beauty and
the Nature of the Beast") which I have written as the basis of the book.
The format I have in mind is that each tale will be followed by an
interpretative essay. Clarissa Pinkola Estes' Women Who Run With the
Wolves is an example of a collection of actual fairy tales followed by
Jungian analytical essays; however, your interpretative essays may be
cultural, psychoanalytic, or anecdotal.
If you are interested in any aspect of this work and/or if you'd like an
e-copy or hard copy of my story, please e-mail me at jspector@iupui.edu
<https://charon.bcc.bilkent.edu.tr/basilix/basilix.php?RequestID=CMPSNEW&premail=-1&is_ssl=&cmps_to=jspector@iupui.edu>