[Discussion] Arap dünyasinda Arap olmayan kadinlar

gonul@bilkent.edu.tr gonul@bilkent.edu.tr
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:42:56 EET


From: GenderLink Diversity Centre <sensenig@cyberia.net.lb> 

Greetings, the upcoming spring issue of Al-Raida (LAU Beirut) will be 
dealing with the issue of gender and ethnicity in the Arab world. 
Unfortunately, we have no recieved enough submissions to date and have 
therefore extended the submission date. 
I am still looking for articles in the following (below) or related 
areas. If anyone has further suggestion, please feel free to contact me. 

Yours, Eugène Sensenig-Dabbous 

Assistant Prof. Dr. Eugène Richard SENSENIG-DABBOUS 
Faculty of Political Science, Public Administration & Diplomacy 
Notre Dame de Louaize University, Lebanon 
RL-POBox 72 Zouk Mikael <http://www.ndu.edu.lb> 
fax:  961-9-218771 ph:  961-9-218950/1/2 ext: 2322 

============== 

I would like to have article on the following topics if possible: 

1) Kurdish women in Iraq (and/or Syria) 
2) Armenian women in Lebanon (or the Middle East) 
3) Berber women in Algeria (or Northern Africa) 
4) Jewish women in Morocco (or Northern Africa) 
5) one or more articles on guest workers from Sri Lanki, Philippines, 
Ethiopia 
6) Western (European, North American, etc.) women in Arab countries 
7) non-Arab activists on the West Bank and Gaza 
8) background or historical articles on individual cases dealing with 
the above topics 

=========== 

PS: I would also be grateful for referrals or suggestions of people I or 
the Al-Raida chair could contact directly.