<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML xmlns:o = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:st1 = 
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.3059" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>
<H1 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><SPAN 
lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond">KADIN / WOMAN 
2000<o:p></o:p></SPAN></H1>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" 
align=center><FONT size=3><B><SPAN lang=EN-GB 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB">Kad&#305;n Ara&#351;t&#305;rmalar&#305; 
Dergisi /</SPAN></B><B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="DISPLAY: none; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR; mso-hide: all"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" 
align=center><FONT size=3><B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR">Journal for<SPAN 
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Woman Studies</SPAN></B><B><SPAN 
lang=EN-GB 
style="DISPLAY: none; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-hide: all"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" 
align=center><B><SPAN lang=EN-GB 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"><o:p><FONT 
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" 
align=center><B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><FONT size=3>Eastern 
Mediterranean University - Centre for Woman 
Studies<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center; mso-layout-grid-align: none" 
align=center><B><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT size=3>©EMUpress.<SPAN 
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN><SPAN 
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>ISSN 1302 – 
9916<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><B><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><o:p><FONT 
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<H1 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><SPAN 
lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond">CALL for 
PAPERS<o:p></o:p></SPAN></H1>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN 
lang=TR style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><o:p><FONT 
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" 
align=center><FONT size=3><I><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond">KADIN/WOMAN 2000</SPAN></I><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"> </SPAN><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR">welcomes papers, book 
reviews or news and reports on woman issues for the forthcoming issues to be 
published in 2007.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" 
align=center><B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><FONT size=3>The Journal 
will publish the forthcoming issues on the following 
themes:<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 108pt; TEXT-INDENT: 36pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><B><SPAN 
lang=TR style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><o:p><FONT 
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></B></P><B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><FONT size=3>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" 
align=center><B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><FONT size=3>“Domestic 
Violence”&nbsp; (Dead line for submission: 15 
May&nbsp;2007)</FONT></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" 
align=center>“Conflicts – Peace - Women” (Dead line for submission: 15 
June&nbsp;2007)</FONT></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" 
align=center><B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><FONT size=3>“War – 
Migration – Women” (Dead line for submission: 1 
July&nbsp;2007<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" 
align=center><B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><FONT size=3>“Mother – 
Child – Family” (Dead line for submission: 15 July 
2007)<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: none; mso-line-height-alt: 8.5pt"><B><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT size=3>The Aim of the 
Journal<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><o:p><FONT 
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT size=3>The <I>KADIN/WOMAN 
2000</I> is a publication of EMU-CWS (Center for Woman Studies). It is published 
biannually and is a multi-disciplinary, refereed and bilingual journal (both 
Turkish and English) dedicated to the scholarly study of all aspects of women’s 
issues at global level. The articles published are primarily on topics 
concerning women rights, the socio-cultural aspects and position of women in 
society as well as particular legal issues. Articles are accepted from all 
disciplines such as literature, sociology, psychology, anthropology, law, 
political science, economics, medicine, cultural history as well as book reviews 
on recent publications and news and reports on important scientific events. 
<I><o:p></o:p></I></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-INDENT: 14.15pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: none; mso-line-height-alt: 8.0pt"><FONT 
size=3><I><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond">KADIN/WOMAN 2000 
</SPAN></I><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><SPAN 
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>is indexed in <I>GenderWatch,</I> 
<I>Contemporary Women’s Issues,</I> <I>General Academic ASAP International</I>, 
<I>IT One File</I>, <I>General Reference Center</I>, <I>General Reference Center 
Gold</I>, <I>IT Custom</I>,<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN><I>MLA 
International Bibliography, Turkologischer Anzeiger and Index Islamicus. 
KADIN.WOMAN 2000</I><SPAN style="mso-bidi-font-style: italic"> is also an online 
journal that can be viewed through libraries that have memberships to <I>General 
Academic ASAP International</I> and <I>GenderWatch (ProQuest</I>) electronic 
databases.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-INDENT: 14.15pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: none; mso-line-height-alt: 8.0pt"><SPAN 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><o:p><FONT size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT 
size=3><B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR">Readership: 
</SPAN></B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR">Historian, literary 
critics, art historians and critics, linguists, sociologists, psychologists, 
economist and politicians, media and communication specialists, members of 
academic departments of women studies.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><B><SPAN 
lang=TR style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><o:p><FONT 
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT size=3><B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR">Notes for Authors: 
</SPAN></B><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR">The authors should submit 
three copies of the manuscript to the editor. For more information please see 
our web page or sent e-mail to </SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT size=3><SPAN lang=TR 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><A 
href="mailto:jws.cws@emu.edu.tr">jws.cws</SPAN><st1:PersonName w:st="on"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond">@emu.edu.tr</A></SPAN></st1:PersonName><SPAN 
lang=TR style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"> or <A 
href="mailto:netice.yildiz@emu.edu.tr">netice.yildiz@emu.edu.tr</A><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN 
lang=TR style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><o:p><FONT 
size=3><STRONG></STRONG></FONT></o:p></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN 
lang=TR style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><o:p><FONT 
face=Arial>Please note that English articles will be given priorities since 
KADIN/WOMAN 2000 is aiming for an international 
reader.&nbsp;</FONT>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN 
lang=TR style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><o:p><FONT 
face=Arial></FONT></o:p></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><B><SPAN 
lang=TR style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><FONT 
size=3>Correspodance adress: <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><B><SPAN 
lang=TR style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><o:p><FONT 
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><B><SPAN 
lang=TR style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><FONT size=3>Assoc. 
Prof. <st1:PersonName w:st="on">Dr.</st1:PersonName> Netice 
Y&#305;ld&#305;z<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><B><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT size=3>KADIN / WOMAN 
2000<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT size=3>Editor-in-chief 
<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT size=3>Eastern <st1:place 
w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Mediterranean</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType 
w:st="on">University</st1:PlaceType></st1:place><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT size=3>Gazima&#287;usa, <st1:place 
w:st="on">North Cyprus</st1:place><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; 
</SPAN><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT size=3>(via <st1:City 
w:st="on">Mersin</st1:City> 10 <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region 
w:st="on">Turkey</st1:country-region></st1:place>)<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><o:p><FONT 
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT size=3>e-mail: 
jws.cws@emu.edu.tr<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT size=3><SPAN 
style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
</SPAN>netice.yildiz@emu.edu.tr<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><o:p><FONT 
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT size=3>Tel:<SPAN 
style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>(+90) 392 630 
2238<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><B><SPAN 
lang=TR style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-ansi-language: TR"><o:p><FONT 
size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=MsoNormal 
style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><FONT size=3><SPAN 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial">Please see the web 
page of KADIN / WOMAN 2000 for more information, contents and abstracts of 
previous issues.</SPAN><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT size=3><SPAN 
style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Garamond">Fax:<SPAN 
style="mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>(+90) 392 630 
2365</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN 
style="FONT-FAMILY: Garamond"><FONT 
size=3>http://www.emu.edu.tr/kadin_woman2000<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>